What is Holistic Dynamic?
We assist fun, progressive, and eclectic individuals/groups/organizations around the globe in personal and spiritual development, holistic wellness, self awareness, and lifestyle improvement. Our studio setting is casual, and many of our visitors report feeling relaxed and "at home" here.
Holistic Dynamic, Inc. was founded in 2008, and is headed up by CEO & Practitioner Ginger Marcus. Ginger's private practice expanded in 2012 to a brick & mortar studio, and we now invite like-minded professionals to apply to join us in serving the community. Ginger is also a matchmaker, connecting various holistic-minded professionals and community members to strengthen our collective efforts.
Studio and Class FAQ
Help! I feel a bit intimidated by all of this new information...
That's ok, so did we, when we first came upon it. It's fine to learn as you go; so dive in wherever you are!
What makes it a "Holistic Wellness" Studio?
Humans have complex and interconnected needs, and we aim to serve your needs with approaches that work with nature and/or your own body wisdom. See our complimentary service providers to re-establish balance & well-being in body, mind, emotion, energy, environment, spirituality, work, relationships, & more. Check out classes and products, which deliver additional tools for success.
How do I know where to start?
Book a free consultation to find out if our approach is a good fit; or try a free community event like open houses, meditations and educational seminars; designed to inform folks of the benefits of holistic work, and connect like-minded people in our community.
Who can benefit from a holistic approach?
Everyone can benefit in some way from this type of work, and it can be adopted with low risk. If you are fairly open minded, prepared to take action, and have a true desire to be well and live life to your greatest potential; then you are likely to thrive at our studio.
Can you work with my situation?
Most often, yes. In your studio consultation, Ginger learns your needs and expectations, and recommends avenues to explore. Physical and emotional pain & symptoms, stress, trauma, chronic ailments, etc. can often be addressed; along with personal goals, and lifestyle changes.
I thought "Holistic" was some kind of weird cult...
The way we see it, a Holistic approach takes the whole person and/or system into consideration, creating a big picture, which is a widely accepted view in both conventional and alternative medicine. Some have adopted the term "holistic" to describe their spiritual views, but we feel that can be a misleading use of the word.
Should I stop seeing my doctor?
No. Please do not make any changes to your diet, medication, or fitness plan without consulting your doctor - we offer services and approaches that compliment professional medical care. Your health care provider can safely monitor your progress and advise you on any contraindications, while we help speed up and deepen your body's healing process.
How long to see results, and how much will it cost?
Natural approaches are not generally quick fixes, but some relief is common soon after starting the work. Tell your practitioner about your short and long term goals, and ask what results to expect from their specific service. Private sessions generally range from about $60 to $130 per hour. There are a number of lower cost sessions and classes where you can also get effective tools & skills to make progress in a group setting or on your own.
Do you accept insurance?
Some of our practitioners accept insurance for their services - inquire before booking. You can also check with your insurance provider about getting reimbursed for approved techniques.
How do I learn more?
Don’t be shy! We're here to support you, so if you're curious (or overwhelmed!), don't hesitate to contact us. Ask practitioners about their specialties, and ask our clients about their experiences. Explore the website, and let us know how we can assist you.
Hiring & Retaining Practitioners in the Holistic Field
- Choose a modality (optional). You can research different types of services, etc. to get a feel for what might be a good fit. If you're not a researcher, or just want some advice, we can help you decide based on our knowledge, experience, and training - Book a Free Consultation.
- Interview several practitioners. Ask them to talk about themselves, to learn more about the person you'll be working with. Remember that big changes happen when you feel relaxed and safe, so choose someone you're comfortable with. This includes checking to see what type of training they have completed, and if their practice is state regulated - are they current on all the requirements?
- Let them interview you, and clarify your goals. Practitioners will often be just as choosy about who they take on as clients as you should be about who you accept as a practitioner. Be prepared to offer a basic personal history and some other information prior to beginning work together; and be clear on why you're seeking assistance - what do your hope to get out of the work?
- Listen to your instincts. If your gut tells you something's wrong, don't book with that person... Communicate with your practitioner - you can stop a session if you are unsure; and never remove clothing or consent to procedures if you feel uncomfortable. No matter how attractive the sales pitch, going against your instincts can result in regret.
- Go slowly at first. If a practitioner you're unsure of does not advertise an introductory or trial session, ask for it.
- Communicate. Don't be shy about stating your questions, needs, and boundaries. Ask the practitioner whether it's ok to talk about what you're feeling or experiencing during your session time, or if you should wait until afterwards.
- Trust. Once you've established a comfortable baseline with a practitioner, you can really begin to relax into the process.
- Stick with it. When you're working with someone you trust, stick with the program for best results. Sometimes healing is a bumpy ride, and even though it's tempting to go for the quick fix, you may have to travel a harder road in order to reap lasting benefits.
Deeper Perspectives on Personal Development & Healing
- Why would I want healing or coaching? Real change comes from within, and everyone has the power to do it. Facilitation with a qualified practitioner with whom you connect helps you to achieve your goals more easily, quickly, and with clear focus. Our job is not to "fix" you. We help you activate your natural ability to heal and change, provide boosts in the form of energy or insight, and help you develop good self care habits. If the body renews itself every 7 years, we have many opportunities to release unhealthy patterns which contribute to stress, general unhappiness, and chronic and degenerative issues - we help you make the most of your gifts and resources.
- If feel better after our session, can I stop altogether? Symptom relief is often the easy part, but does not always mean you're "healed" or done with the work. What are your goals, and have you reached them with some degree of consistency? Real transformative work can take time, and is accompanied by lifestyle adjustments, increased self-awareness, and acknowledgment of the effects of our choices. Participate in your own evolution, and get educated to see the best outcomes. Share your short and long term goals, so we can adjust our work together as needed.
- Why do you ask so many questions? We're not trying to be nosey! Openly and truthfully sharing your background and current ups and downs will bring better results. On the other hand, telling us only what you think we want to hear, or withholding information relevant to our work is a good way to sabotage success.
- Why are you smiling, laughing, and joking? I thought this was supposed to be serious work? While we do take your conditions and concerns seriously, we also recognize the benefits of laughter and lightheartedness in the healing process. The faster we come to terms with, and truly face what is happening, the faster we can change or heal; so if we can see things in a less "heavy" light, it helps to release some of the worry and stress surrounding a condition or situation, and increases hope.
Too many buzz-words?
If something doesn't make sense, let us know. We are constantly updating the site to help our guests understand the services we provide. You can help us bring our descriptions back down to earth by requesting clarification. Thank you!