I've recently heard about Holistic Dynamic - what is this place?
We're a laid back place to gather, muse, heal, grow, and learn. The studio setting is cozy and casual, and most folks feel relaxed and "at home" here. Our community is diverse, supportive, and curious about new concepts and solutions. Our work is to assist open-minded individuals, groups, and organizations in personal and spiritual development, holistic wellness, self awareness, and lifestyle optimization. If you're interested, subscribe to the newsletter, book a consultation, or drop in for a class or seminar.
Holistic Dynamic, Inc. was founded in 2008, and is headed up by Practitioner Ginger Marcus. Her professional practice expanded in 2012 to a brick & mortar studio, and we now invite other like-minded providers to join us in serving the community. Ginger is also a matchmaker, connecting professionals and community members to strengthen our collective efforts.
Why can't you just tell me which provider to see?
We're asking you, as a consumer, to make informed choices by interviewing providers to determine for yourself who will serve your needs best. The Studio Director will be happy to make referrals in a Free Consultation, then you can connect personally to book sessions -- this creates a direct relationship, which we feel is healthier, more truthful, and in everyone's best long-term interest.
Scroll down for a tutorial on choosing a holistic practitioner.
What is a holistic studio?
Humans have complex and interconnected needs, and we aim to serve your needs with approaches that work with nature and/or your own body wisdom. See our complimentary service providers to re-establish balance & well-being in body, mind, emotion, energy, environment, spirituality, work, relationships, & more. Check out classes and products, which deliver additional tools for success.
Who can benefit from a holistic approach?
Everyone benefits in some way from this type of work, and it can be adopted with low risk. If you are fairly open minded, prepared to take action, and have a true desire to be well and live life to your greatest potential; then you are likely to thrive at our studio.
How do I know you can work with my situation?
In your free studio consultation, Ginger learns your needs and expectations, and recommends avenues to explore. Physical and emotional pain & symptoms, stress, trauma, chronic ailments, etc. can often be addressed; along with personal goals, and lifestyle changes.
When will I see results?
Instead of suppressing symptoms, natural & holistic approaches often rely on lifestyle adjustments as a foundation for healing and personal growth. When our clients become aware of how everyday choices affect their well-being; and begin making appropriate foundational changes, results show fairly quickly - usually in days, weeks, or months. Please share your goals with your service provider, so that we can suggest a beneficial course of action.
Can I stop seeing my doctor?
We offer services and approaches that compliment professional medical care. Please do not make changes to your diet, medication, or fitness plan without consulting a doctor - your health care provider can safely monitor progress and advise you on any contraindications, while we help speed up and deepen your body's healing process.
Help! I feel a bit intimidated by the new information...
That's ok, so did we, when we first came upon it. It's fine to learn as you go; so dive in wherever you are!
How do I know where to start?
Book a free consultation to find out if our approach is a good fit; or try a free community event like open houses, meditations and educational seminars; designed to inform folks of the benefits of holistic work, and connect like-minded people in our community.
I thought "holistic" was some kind of weird cult...
The way we see it, a Holistic approach takes the whole person and/or system into consideration, creating a big picture, which is a widely accepted view in both conventional and alternative medicine. Some have adopted the term "holistic" to describe their spiritual views, but we feel that can be a misleading use of the word.
How much will it cost?
Private sessions generally range from about $60 to $130 per hour. There are a number of lower cost sessions and classes where you can get effective tools & skills to make progress in a group setting or on your own. Some of our practitioners do accept insurance for their services - inquire at booking. You can also check with your insurance provider about getting reimbursed for approved techniques.
How do I learn more?
Don’t be shy! We're here to support you, so if you feel curious (or overwhelmed!), just reach out. Ask practitioners about their specialties, and ask our other clients about their experiences. Explore the website, and let us know how we can assist you.
Hiring & Retaining Practitioners in the Holistic Field
- Choose a modality (optional). You can research different types of services, etc. to get a feel for what might be a good fit. If you're not a researcher, or just want some advice, we can help you decide based on our knowledge, experience, and training - Book a Free Consultation.
- Interview several practitioners. Ask them to talk about themselves, to learn more about the person you'll be working with. Remember that big changes happen when you feel relaxed and safe, so choose someone you're comfortable with. This includes checking to see what type of training they have completed, and if their practice is state regulated - are they current on all the requirements?
- Let them interview you, and clarify your goals. Practitioners will often be just as choosy about who they take on as clients as you should be about who you accept as a practitioner. Be prepared to offer a basic personal history and some other information prior to beginning work together; and be clear on why you're seeking assistance - what do your hope to get out of the work?
- Listen to your instincts. If your gut tells you something's wrong, don't book with that person... Communicate with your practitioner - you can stop a session if you are unsure; and never remove clothing or consent to procedures if you feel uncomfortable. No matter how attractive the sales pitch, going against your instincts can result in regret.
- Go slowly at first. If a practitioner you're unsure of does not advertise a short introductory or trial session, ask for it.
- Communicate. Don't be shy about stating your questions, needs, and boundaries. Ask the practitioner whether it's ok to talk about what you're feeling or experiencing during your session time, or if you should wait until afterwards.
- Trust. Once you've established a comfortable baseline with a practitioner, you can really begin to relax into the process.
- Stick with it. When you're working with someone you trust, stick with the program for best outcome. Healing & personal growth can be a bumpy ride, but when it's working, the overall results feel great.
Deeper Perspectives on Personal Development & Healing
- Why would I want healing or coaching? Real change comes from within, and everyone has the power to do it. Facilitation with a qualified practitioner with whom you connect helps you to achieve your goals more easily, quickly, and with clear focus. Our job is not to "fix" you. We help you activate your natural ability to heal and change, provide boosts in the form of energy or insight, and help you develop good self care habits. If the body renews itself every 7 years, we have many opportunities to release unhealthy patterns which contribute to stress, general unhappiness, and chronic and degenerative issues - we help you make the most of your gifts and resources.
- If feel better after our session, can I stop altogether? Symptom relief is often the easy part, but does not always mean you're "healed" or done with the work. What are your goals, and have you reached them with some degree of consistency? Real transformative work can take time, and is accompanied by lifestyle adjustments, increased self-awareness, and acknowledgment of the effects of our choices. Participate in your own evolution, and get educated to see the best outcomes. Share your short and long term goals, so we can adjust our work together as needed.
- Why do you ask so many questions? We're not trying to be nosey! Openly and truthfully sharing your background and current ups and downs will bring better results. On the other hand, telling us only what you think we want to hear, or withholding information relevant to our work is a good way to sabotage success.
- Why are you smiling, laughing, and joking? I thought this was supposed to be serious work? While we do take your conditions and concerns seriously, we also recognize the benefits of laughter and lightheartedness in the healing process. The faster we come to terms with, and truly face what is happening, the faster we can change or heal; so if we can see things in a less "heavy" light, it helps to release some of the worry and stress surrounding a condition or situation, and increases hope.
Too many buzz-words?
If something doesn't make sense, let us know. We are constantly updating the site to help our guests understand the services we provide. You can help us bring our descriptions back down to earth by requesting clarification. Thank you!