I've heard about Holistic Dynamic - what is this place?
We're a laid-back place to gather, muse, heal, grow, and learn. The setting is casual and most folks feel relaxed and at home here. Our community is diverse, supportive, and curious about new concepts and solutions for personal development. Our work is to assist open-minded individuals, groups, and organizations in personal and spiritual wellness, self awareness, and lifestyle optimization. If you're interested, subscribe to the newsletter, book a consultation, or drop in for a class or seminar.
Holistic Dynamic, Inc. was founded as a private, home-based life coaching practice in 2008, operated by Ginger Marcus. By 2012, many more services had been added, and a brick & mortar studio. Today, like-minded providers are invited to join us in serving southern Maryland. Ginger serves as both manager and matchmaker, connecting professionals and community members to strengthen our collective efforts.
Where should I start?
Just dive in wherever you are drawn to explore. Book a free consultation to find a good fit; drop in on a free community event, like one of our "open studio" days; or try out a session with one of our providers.
Will you book my session for me?
We make referrals during your consultation and connect you directly with providers for booking. We use this direct-to-provider format because it creates a closer partnership, which we feel is in everyone's best long-term interest. Scroll down for a tutorial on choosing holistic practitioners.
How much will it cost?
Private sessions range from about $25 for a "mini" up to around $60-130 for a full hour. There are also a number of events and classes where you can get effective tools & experience for a lower per-hour cost. A few of our practitioners accept insurance for their services - inquire at booking, or check with your insurance carrier in advance.
Do you accept/expect tips for services?
Tips are optional, but they're appreciated by most service providers.
When will I see results?
This varies. Instead of suppressing symptoms, natural & holistic approaches rely on lifestyle adjustments as a foundation for healing and personal growth. When our clients become aware of how personal choice affects well-being and make the appropriate foundational changes, results can show up quickly – in days, weeks, or months; depending on severity of complaint. Keep in mind that alternative approaches are not guaranteed to prevent, treat, or cure disease. Share your short and long term goals with your providers, so they can suggest a beneficial course of action.
Can I stop seeing my doctor?
Since we offer services that compliment and enhance professional medical care (not replace it), continue to work with your health care providers as usual – they can also let us know if anything we suggest is contraindicated for your specific condition. We also ask that you do not make changes to your diet, medication, or fitness plan without consulting a licensed professional who can safely monitor your progress.
How do I know you can work with my situation?
In your free consultation, Ginger recommends avenues to explore based on your needs and expectations. We can often address physical and emotional pain & resulting symptoms, stress, trauma, chronic ailments, etc.; along with meeting personal goals, and making lifestyle changes.
What is a "holistic" studio?
Humans have complex and interconnected needs (holistic), and we study and teach solutions that work with nature and/or your own body wisdom. Our provider network can help you re-establish balance & well-being in body, mind, emotion, energy, environment, spirituality, work, relationships, & more. Also check out classes and products, which deliver additional tools for success.
I've heard "holistic" is some kind of weird cult…
Not here. The way we see it, a Holistic approach takes the whole person and/or system into consideration, creating a big picture – this is a widely accepted view in both conventional and alternative medicine. Some have adopted the term "holistic" to describe their spiritual views, but we feel that can be a misleading use of the word.
Who can benefit from a holistic approach?
Everyone benefits in some way from this type of work, and most of it can be adopted with low risk. Our clientele ranges in gender, age, cultural background, and focus; but they are all relatively open-minded and ready to take an active role in restoring or enhancing well-being.
Can I bring a bottle of wine to share at your event?
We feel that offering wine, etc. is counter to the spirit of HD, and that it may negatively affect our clients who are in recovery; so please plan to enjoy your alcoholic beverages elsewhere.
How do I learn more?
Don’t be shy! We're here to support you, so if you feel curious (or overwhelmed!), drop us a line. Ask practitioners about their specialties, and ask other clients about their experiences. Explore the website, and let us know how we can assist you.
Hiring & Retaining Practitioners in the Holistic Field
- Choose a modality (optional). You can research different types of services, etc. to get a feel for what might be a good fit. If you're not a researcher, or just want some advice, we can help you decide based on our knowledge, experience, and training - Book a Free Consultation.
- Interview several practitioners. Ask them to talk about themselves, to learn more about the person you'll be working with. Remember that big changes happen when you feel relaxed and safe, so choose someone you're comfortable with. This includes checking to see what type of training they have completed, and if their practice is state regulated - are they current on all the requirements?
- Let them interview you, and clarify your goals. Practitioners will often be just as choosy about who they take on as clients as you should be about who you accept as a practitioner. Be prepared to offer a basic wellness history and some other information prior to beginning work together; and be clear on why you're seeking assistance - what do your hope to get out of the work?
- Listen to your instincts. If your gut tells you something's wrong, don't go there... Communicate with your practitioner - you should be free to stop a session if you ever feel unsure; and never remove clothing or consent to procedures if you are uncomfortable. No matter how attractive the sales pitch, going against your instincts can result in deep regret.
- Go slowly at first. Before you make a big commitment, ask for a short demonstration or trial session (even if it's not advertised).
- Communicate. Be firm when stating your questions, needs, and boundaries, and don't be shy. Ask the practitioner whether it's ok to talk about what you're feeling or experiencing during your session time, or if you should wait until afterwards.
- Trust. Once you've established a baseline with a practitioner, you can really begin to relax into the process.
- Stick with it. When you're working with someone you trust, stick with the program for best outcome. Healing & personal growth can be a bumpy ride, but when it's working, the overall results feel great.
Deeper Perspectives on Personal Development & Healing
- Why would I want healing or coaching? Real change comes from within, and everyone has the power to do it. Facilitation with a qualified practitioner with whom you connect helps you to achieve your goals more easily, quickly, and with clear focus. Our job is not to "fix" you. We help you activate your natural ability to heal and change, provide boosts in the form of energy or insight, and help you develop good self care habits. If the body renews itself every 7 years, we have many opportunities to release unhealthy patterns which contribute to stress, general unhappiness, and chronic and degenerative issues - we help you make the most of your gifts and resources.
- If feel better after our session, can I stop altogether? Symptom relief is often the easy part, but does not always mean you're "healed" or done with the work. What are your goals, and have you reached them with some degree of consistency? Real transformative work can take time, and is accompanied by lifestyle adjustments, increased self-awareness, and acknowledgment of the effects of our choices. Participate in your own evolution, and get educated to see the best outcomes. Share your short and long term goals, so we can adjust our work together as needed.
- Why do you ask so many questions? We're not trying to be nosey! Openly and truthfully sharing your background and current ups and downs will bring better results. On the other hand, telling us only what you think we want to hear, or withholding information relevant to our work is a good way to sabotage success.
- Why are you smiling, laughing, and joking? I thought this was supposed to be serious work? While we do take your conditions and concerns seriously, we also recognize the benefits of laughter and lightheartedness in the healing process. The faster we come to terms with, and truly face what is happening, the faster we can change or heal; so if we can see things in a less "heavy" light, it helps to release some of the worry and stress surrounding a condition or situation, and increases hope.
Too many buzz-words?
If something doesn't make sense, let us know. We are constantly updating the site to help our guests understand the services we provide. You can help us bring our descriptions back down to earth by requesting clarification. Thank you!